Design & Layout with Canva Online
Note: This will be held online via Zoom.
If you are a UVic student, staff, or faculty member and have been wanting to design posters, brochures, and other documents, but haven't had the time to learn advanced software, this workshop might be your answer. Canva is a free, browser-based layout software loaded with pre-designed templates for creating items such as posters, tri-fold brochures, business cards, flyers, newsletters, slideshow presentations, etc. You can also start with a blank document and build from scratch. It’s linked to free image libraries such as Pexels and Pixabay, or you can upload your own images and logos, or images you’ve downloaded from places such as Unsplash. Your designs are auto-saved, and can be shared with others to collaborate on as a team. This workshop covers:
- design and layout tips
- the basics of how to navigate Canva with hands-on activities creating a poster and a tri-fold brochure
- how to download your designs for printing and sharing
Attendees can apply the skills learned in this workshop to the other layouts available on Canva.
- Wednesday, March 22, 2023
- 2:00pm - 3:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.