Intro to Geospatial Data & QGIS In-Person / Online
Note: This workshop is hybrid and available both in person and online.
QGIS is a free and open source desktop Geographical Information Systems (GIS) package.
This introductory workshop will cover basic concepts in GIS and QGIS, and will include exercises on loading data, adding styles and labels, filtering, and making a map. This workshop is designed to help students who are new to QGIS to understand and utilize some of the main features.
- No previous knowledge of GIS or statistics is required.
- All data will be provided.
- Duration of the workshop is 1.5 hours (may vary depending on previous knowledge and experience)
- Participants are asked to download and install PRIOR to the workshop, QGIS Long term release, Standalone Installer 3.22: https://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/download.html (Note: If you are a staff member at UVic and are wanting to install software on a work computer, you may require system admin permission to do so.)
- The use of a mouse with a scroll wheel is highly recommended.
- Thursday, October 13, 2022
- 10:00am - 11:30am
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- Digital Scholarship Commons A308
- Mearns Centre for Learning - McPherson Library (LIB)