Intro to Data Analysis with Excel In-Person / Online
Note: This workshop is a hybrid workshop and can be attended online or in person.
Are you a UVic student, staff, or faculty member and are interested in using Excel for data analysis? If so this workshop is for you. In this self-paced, hands-on workshop you can choose to learn any or all of the following skills:
- How to enter the data (rows vs. columns)
- How and when to use text to columns
- How to sort data effectively, using the filter button
- How to find and replace data (data cleaning) - Know about Open Refine.
- How to change categorical data (e.g., male, female) into numerical data (e.g., 1, 2)
- How to use these general functions: SUM, SUMIF, INT, COUNTA, COUNTIF, VLOOKUP, CONCATENATE, VALUE, LEN
- How to track changes in excel
- Thursday, September 22, 2022
- 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- Digital Scholarship Commons A308
- Mearns Centre for Learning - McPherson Library (LIB)