Introduction to Project Management & Data Management for academic work (Online) Online
The first half of this virtual workshop will introduce you to the principles of project management, and how to create a plan for your academic project. We will discuss the basic elements of a good project plan which will help you effectively coordinate people, tasks, and timelines, and plan for unexpected project risks.
The second half of this workshop will introduce best practices and tools for managing your data throughout the project lifecycle. We will review considerations of file formats, techniques for file management, and options for file storage.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Describe the triple constraint of project management
- Identify some common project risks
- Create a work-structure breakdown for a sample project
- Create a Gantt chart for a project
- Map the lifecycle of data throughout a project
- Develop a file naming convention and file structure
- Identify appropriate storage locations for your data
- Tuesday, October 25, 2022
- 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.