Intro to Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality & 360 Tours
Note: This is a hybrid online/in-person workshop. This form is for attending in person. If you would prefer to attend this workshop online, please see this link instead: https://libcal.uvic.ca/calendar/go/arvr
Are you a UVic student, staff, or faculty member and want to learn more about Virtual Reality, 360 Tours, and Augmented Reality? If so, then this hands-on workshop will give you an introduction to VR and 360 Tours using the Oculus Rift system, Marzipano, and the Google Virtual Tour Creator. Participants will be able to know and do the following by the end of this workshop:
- Be able to explain the difference between Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR).
- How to take 360 pictures and record 360 video.
- Create a 360 Tour using Marzipano.
- How to publish a 360 Marzipano tour.
- Wednesday, October 27, 2021
- 2:30pm - 3:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- Digital Scholarship Commons A308
- Mearns Centre for Learning - McPherson Library (LIB)