Intro to Infographics with Canva
Note: This is a hybrid online/in-person workshop. This form is for attending in person. If you would prefer to attend this workshop online, please see this link instead: https://libcal.uvic.ca/calendar/go/infographics
Are you a UVic student, staff, or faculty member and want to learn more about creating infographics? If so, then this hands-on workshop will give you an introduction. Once you’ve completed this session you will be able to do or be aware of the following:
- Know why and where infographics can be useful communication tools.
- Determine which facts in a research paper or article are essential and which can be excluded in order to tell a compelling yet concise story.
- Summarize and translate quantitative data into tables, charts, or graphical representations.
- Summarize and translate quantitative information expressed in words into tables, charts, or graphical representations.
- Where appropriate, integrate and summarize visual information from photographs, videos, or maps into a graphical representation.
- Determine the best order and flow of information to create a visual narrative integrating the key tables, charts, and graphics.
- Be able to use infographic software and associated templates to organize and present tables, charts, and graphical representations in a narrative that is aesthetically pleasing and compelling.
- Be aware of the different mediums available to publish and share infographics: Poster, hand-out, website, and social media.
- Tuesday, October 19, 2021
- 11:30am - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- Digital Scholarship Commons A308
- Mearns Centre for Learning - McPherson Library (LIB)