Personal Websites with Wordpress Online
Are you a UVic student, faculty, or staff member and want to learn more about creating your own website? If so, then this hands-on workshop will give you an introduction to website development using Wordpress. Once you’ve completed this session you will be able to do the following:
- Know What WordPress is, why it is free, and what other web hosting options there are (including knowing the difference between WordPress.com vs WordPress.org: Plugins, 3rd party themes, modify template code).
- Know the importance of planning for a website.
- Be able to create a navigation structure for your website.
- Be able to create a wireframe or mockup of your website.
- Create a basic personal website on Wordpress.com.
- Create blog posts.
- Embed images and videos.
- Add pages static pages, including a static home page.
- Change the website template.
- Customize menus & navigation.
- Configure & customize a Wordpress.com theme.
- Friday, May 28, 2021
- 2:30pm - 3:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.