Geocode data with QGIS and StatsCan PCCF Online
Facilitators: Daniel Brendle-Moczuk, Geospatial & Social Sciences Data Librarian
Alexei Goudine, UVic Geography grad student.
Utilising QGIS participants will learn to:
1. load (GPS points or study sites, etc) and display these points on a map
2. geocode data, that is, place data with postal codes, on a map
-differentiate between (non geospatial) data and (GIS-ready) geospatial data
-identify the main features of Statistics Canada Postal Code Conversion File-PCCF
-list the fundamental functions of GIS
-recognise the usefulness of geocoding data
NOTE: Participants are asked to download and install QGIS version 3.10 - Long term release, PRIOR to the workshop.
The use of a mouse with a scroll wheel is highly recommended.
Some GIS experience would be helpful but not entirely necessary.
This session is part of the Pathways to Research Data Management series.
Related LibGuide: Pathways to Research Data Management series by Jessica Mussell
- Thursday, February 11, 2021
- 11:30am - 1:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.