Introduction to Data Management Plans Online
Facilitators: Kathleen Matthews and Shahira Khair
Aimed at grad student and faculty researchers, this workshop reviews the key components of a data management plan and offers guidance on how to improve the management of your research data for long-term use and preservation.
In this hands-on session, participants will have the opportunity to create their own data management plan using the online DMP Assistant platform.
DMP Assistant is a bilingual tool for preparing data management plans (DMPs). The tool follows best practices in data stewardship and walks researchers step-by-step through key questions about data management.
- Create an account and select a template to start writing your DMP
- Answer the questions that are relevant to your work, and follow guidance embedded
- Add collaborators to your DMP to co-edit or review
- Export your DMP into a PDF or other file format to share with granting agencies and colleagues
This workshop is part of the Pathways to Research Data Management series.
Related LibGuide: Pathways to Research Data Management series by Jessica Mussell
- Monday, February 8, 2021
- 1:00pm - 2:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- Mearns Centre for Learning - McPherson Library (LIB)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
Jessica Mussell is the Distance Learning and Research Librarian. See her full profile.