Intro to QGIS Online
is a free and open source desktop Geographical Information Systems (GIS) package. This introductory workshop will cover basic concepts in GIS and QGIS, and will include exercises on loading data, adding style and labels to data, using queries, and making a map. This workshop is designed to help students who are new to QGIS to understand and utilize some of the main features.
· No previous knowledge of GIS or statistics is required.
· All data will be provided.
· Duration of the workshop is 1.5 hours (may vary depending on previous knowledge and experience)
· NOTE: Participants are asked to download and install QGIS version 3.10 - Long term release, PRIOR to the workshop.
· The use of a mouse with a scroll wheel is highly recommended.
- Thursday, October 1, 2020
- 11:30am - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.