Introduction to Power BI Navigation Online
Why Power BI?
Power BI is a data visualization and analytics tool by Microsoft. It can be used to present raw data in various human readable ways to help communicate and make data driven decisions. As this workshop focuses on the “end-user” or someone who is reading a report created by someone else, we will explore navigation, and data literacy so you may make the most of pre-existing reports.
This workshop is not an endorsement of Power BI, but an opportunity for you to learn if it your institution has decided to adopt Power BI for data management and communication. It has some limitations that you should be aware of:
- The built in navigation for Power BI has a learning curve
- Data literacy is always important, but especially when it is prepared and presented to you in a specific way
- Most Power BI reports can only be shared with users who have Power BI, due to data privacy reasons
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Navigate between report pages
- Read visualizations and legends
- Filter data
- Access more details with tooltips and drill-throughs
- Share reports or parts of reports
- Personalize report features
- Export data tables and visualizations
- Receive notifications about a report
(Note: If you are UVIC staff, you should have a Power BI account. If you do not have access to Power BI through this link please contact systems (email@example.com) to see if you need to update your Microsoft 365 account.)
- Thursday, February 22, 2024
- 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.