Print the page Add to a Calendar using iCal Share page on Facebook This link opens in a new window Add to Google Calendar This link opens in a new window Share page on Twitter This link opens in a new window
Intro to Infographics with Canva Online
Note: This workshop is online only.
Are you a UVic student, staff, or faculty member and want to learn more about creating infographics? If so, then this hands-on workshop will give you an introduction. Once you’ve completed this session you will be able to do or be aware of the following:
- Know why and where infographics can be useful communication tools.
- Determine which facts in a research paper or article are essential and which can be excluded in order to tell a compelling yet concise story.
- Summarize and translate quantitative data into tables, charts, or graphical representations.
- Summarize and translate quantitative information expressed in words into tables, charts, or graphical representations.
- Where appropriate, integrate and summarize visual information from photographs, videos, or maps into a graphical representation.
- Determine the best order and flow of information to create a visual narrative integrating the key tables, charts, and graphics.
- Be able to use infographic software and associated templates to organize and present tables, charts, and graphical representations in a narrative that is aesthetically pleasing and compelling.
- Be aware of the different mediums available to publish and share infographics: Poster, hand-out, website, and social media.
- Monday, June 12, 2023
- 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
- Faculty Graduate students Undergraduate students UVic staff