Print the page Add to a Calendar using iCal Share page on Facebook This link opens in a new window Add to Google Calendar This link opens in a new window Share page on Twitter This link opens in a new window
Intro to Data Analysis with Excel Online
Note: This workshop is online only.
Are you a UVic student, staff, or faculty member and are interested in using Excel for data analysis? If so this workshop is for you. In this self-paced, hands-on workshop you can choose to learn any or all of the following skills:
- How to enter the data (rows vs. columns)
- How and when to use text to columns
- How to sort data effectively, using the filter button
- How to find and replace data (data cleaning) - Know about Open Refine.
- How to change categorical data (e.g., male, female) into numerical data (e.g., 1, 2)
- How to use these general functions: SUM, SUMIF, INT, COUNTA, COUNTIF, VLOOKUP, CONCATENATE, VALUE, LEN
- How to track changes in excel
- Monday, June 19, 2023
- 2:00pm - 3:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
- Faculty Graduate students Undergraduate students UVic staff