Intro to 3D Design & Print
Note: This is a hybrid online/in-person workshop. This form is for attending in person. If you would prefer to attend this workshop online, please see this link instead: https://libcal.uvic.ca/calendar/go/3dprint2
Are you a UVic student, staff, or faculty member and want to learn more about designing objects digitally and printing them on our 3D printers? If so, then this hands-on workshop will give you an introduction to 3D Design using TinkerCad. Once you've completed this session you'll be adding shapes and text to the TinkerCad workspace, resize and rotate objects using object sliders, extrude objects, or make holes in them, bevel or round object edges, combine objects together into one object, and duplicate objects, including repeating patterns.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- navigate the basic tools within TinkerCad to create the optional objects in the activities
- or make a simple model of your choice
- export that model into the STL format for 3D printing
- and then, you'll be ready to print a model you've created, or that you have downloaded from the web.
- Wednesday, October 13, 2021
- 2:30pm - 4:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- Digital Scholarship Commons A308
- Mearns Centre for Learning - McPherson Library (LIB)