QGIS in a nutshell: An introduction to QGIS & Geospatial Data In-Person
Note: This is a hybrid online/in-person workshop. This form is for attending in person. If you would prefer to attend this workshop online, please see this link instead: https://libcal.uvic.ca/calendar/go/qgis
QGIS is a free and open source desktop Geographical Information Systems (GIS) package.
This introductory workshop will cover basic concepts in GIS and QGIS, and will include exercises on loading data, adding styles and labels, filtering, and making a map. This workshop is designed to help students who are new to QGIS to understand and utilize some of the main features.
- No previous knowledge of GIS or statistics is required.
- All data will be provided.
- Duration of the workshop is 1.5 hours (may vary depending on previous knowledge and experience)
- Participants are asked to download and install PRIOR to the workshop, QGIS Long term release, Standalone Installer 3.16.
- The use of a mouse with a scroll wheel is highly recommended.
- Tuesday, January 25, 2022
- 11:30am - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- Digital Scholarship Commons A308
- Mearns Centre for Learning - McPherson Library (LIB)