Data Wrangling (or Cleaning) with OpenRefine Online
Are you struggling with cleaning and organizing your large data sets? Consider registering for our upcoming workshop introducing participants to using OpenRefine for data cleaning.
OpenRefine is an open source application for data cleaning and transformation, also known as data wrangling. OpenRefine allows you to view and manipulate large quantities of data, making it an excellent tool for wrangling big data sets.
By the end of this workshop, participants will gain experience conducting key data cleaning practices, including:
- Removing duplicate records
- Analyzing the occurrence of values throughout a data set
- Clustering and standardizing values
- Separating multiple values contained in the same field
- Joining multiple values contained in separate fields
- Wednesday, November 22, 2023
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- Mearns Centre for Learning - McPherson Library (LIB)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.